Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Tokyo

I love Texas, but I really miss Tokyo. I grew up from an 18 year old high school boy to a 23 year old young man in Tokyo. I miss the girls I met and dated there, even the one I married, had four sons with and divorced. I miss the youthful happy times I had in Tokyo.

The song on the video is "Turning Japanese" by The Vapors released in 1980 written by Dave Fenton who admitted the phrase "turning Japanese" just popped into his head one morning when he woke up, and he viewed it as a love song when writing it. The song can be viewed as a love song or the ramblings of a man in a one sided relationship ostracized by society.


Lyrics:


I've got your picture of me and you

You wrote "I love you" I wrote "me too"

I sit there staring and there's nothing else to do

Oh it's in color Your hair is brown

Your eyes are hazel And soft as clouds

I often kiss you when there's no one else around


I've got your picture, I've got your picture

I'd like a million of you all round my cell

I want a doctor to take your picture

So I can look at you from inside as well

You've got me turning up and turning down

And turning in and turning 'round


No sex, no drugs, no wine, no women

No fun, no sin, no you, no wonder it's dark

Everyone around me is a total stranger

Everyone avoids me like a cyclone ranger

That's why I'm turning Japanese

I think I'm turning Japanese

I really think so

No comments: